I've been craving fresh foods (good!) so yesterday I made this soup that I discovered through Rachel's blog. It was awesome! And just as good for lunch today. I usually don't like soups but for some reason Asian soups make me such happier than American varieties. I think it's the soy and sesame.
To that I added an apple and an orange, a banana for a snack, and then a big plate of grilled asparagus and a Jamba Juice Mango Metabolizer for dinner. I know that sounds totally random, but the asparagus was leftover from the catered lunch at work (I try to snag veggies that are still out just before the caterer comes to throw it away) and there's a JJ right across the street from my running buddy's house, and it's irresistible just after a run. There's a plate of cookies sitting right next to me right now, but I'm so full of asparagus they're not really tempting for the moment. (Ask me again in half an hour!)
I did my 2.5 miles for the 10k training plan and it felt pretty good--much better than the 3 miles this weekend. I think we're getting a little faster, and we're definitely walking less and less. Our goal for Thursday's 2-miler is to finish between 25 and 30 minutes, and maybe cut out one of the (now short) walking intervals.
The Biggest Loser is a huge waste of two hours every Tuesday night, but I continue watching. Someone save me from myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment