I'm training for a 10k right now, and according to the guru of jogging, Mr. Hal Higdon, I should have run 3 miles today. Which I did, if you count walking plus running as "run 3 miles." I ran in my own neighborhood because I wasn't meeting anyone else to run, so it seemed silly to drive somewhere else.
My neighborhood is nothing but hill! I tried to choose the flattest option available, but in the rolling hills of the upper Peninsula, there's no such thing. I walked the steepest bits and jogged as much as I could stand, and ended up finishing 3.2 miles in ~45 minutes. It's not gonna win any awards, but I think Hal would be okay with that.
Today has been full, and tomorrow will be the same. Today C and I drove out to Walnut Creek and bought the most beautiful lingerie chests! I love Craigslist. We set them up and rearranged some of the other bedroom furniture, in anticipation of putting together the new bed frame we bought. That will have to happen tomorrow, I guess.
Tomorrow M and I are going to run C ragged in the Southbay--a short bike ride and the farmer's market in Campbell, then a hike around Lexington. Then more furniture arranging!!
No comments:
Post a Comment