Well I got an iPhone for my birthday and there really is an app for everything, so here I am blogging during my baby's night feeding. After all, I'll be up half an hour and what else is there to do?
Last I blogged, I was apparently still at work. That means it's been about sox months! In the meantime, I had a baby (for anyone who didn't gather that from the nursing discussion above). She is four months old now, adorable, and a lot of work. She does sleep pretty well, for which I am thankful. But for a baby, getting up only once per night is very good, so I usually have one bleary-eyed session or maybe two.
My neglect of blogging spared you graphic description of the labor and ensuing stitches; suffice it to say that I got back on my bike just a few weeks ago and I don't think I waited too long at all. Bit I did start walking right away and at six weeks post partum became an official, not long-distance Mermaid!
So now my life goes something like this: nurse 8+ times per day, try to eat healthy and have enough to keep up the milk supply but not so much that I keep holding onto the last ten lbs of baby weight, and try to get some exercise. Maybe a shower once in a while. ;) Mermaids is twice a week, there is a mom & baby fitness class I try to get to once a week, and I found a yoga class I can afford with a teacher I love.* The mom class is a lot harder than you might think! And I met some great new mom friends through it so it is the winner of surprise activity I actually like. Swimming and biking are still tough, and I'm really not sure what I will be able to do when I go back to work, but I'm taking it one day at a time.
Mermaid workouts are extra awesome because my friends are there and Coach H (and everyone else) has welcomed baby to attend. Not that C wouldn't take her, but on Tuesday evening its faster to bring her since baby plus me equals carpool! I am running more comfortably than before and actually doing core work for a change.
Oops, time to go! Adios blogging buddies.
* if you live near Mountain View and can make a noon workout on Wednesdays, I'll let you in on the secret!
No comments:
Post a Comment