I swam! Finally! I've been meaning to hit the pool regularly since I found out I was pregnant, and I could probably count on one hand how many times since then I've been swimming.
But today, despite the chilly weather, I made it to the pool. 40 minutes and 1200 s.l.o.w. yards later, my arms are a little tired and I feel much better. I usually use a workout off of swimplan.com, but today I wasn't sure how I would feel so I made it up as I went along. I got new pool toys for Christmas so I played with those.
100 free
100 kick with fins
100 free with paddles
100 breast
100 kick
100 free
100 kick
100 breast
100 free with paddles
100 kick
100 free
100 breast
That's a long list for only 1200 yards, but I kept pausing after every 50 and thinking "why am I so out of breath?" and "what should I do next?" I may bring a workout next time just to avoid the latter thoughts.
So far this week has looked like this:
Monday: 35 min on the elliptical
Tuesday: 40 min walk outside
Wednesday: 40 min yoga
Thursday: walk rained out, wandered around a mall for a while
Friday: NOTHING. I felt like a slug all day.
Saturday: Tried on many pairs of maternity jeans, wandered around Old Navy and a few more stores. Seriously, this was so exhausting that even though I had planned to either swim or do yoga afterward, I just couldn't drag myself off the couch.
Sunday: 40 min swimming
Next week how about this plan:
Monday: yoga
Tuesday: walk
Wednesday: elliptical
Thursday: walk
Friday: yoga & swim
Saturday: rest
Sunday: swim
Hmm. Looks good, but must execute! Honestly, after doing nothing for several weeks, four days this week felt great, and pretty much like enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment